Sunday, August 30, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Join our teens in a food and clothing drive benefiting Martha’s Table, a DC-based nonprofit that supports families by providing education, health and wellness resources, and family engagement programs.
Food and clothes can be dropped off the last Sunday of the month in June, July and August in the Temple Micah parking lot.
The temple building will not be open and all items must be dropped off during the allotted times. DO NOT leave any items in the parking lot.
If you plan to donate, please protect yourselves and others from COVID-19 by wearing a mask when you stop by! We will do the same (masks and gloves). Teens and their parents will safely unload your donations so that you can have a contactless drop-off. A list of items is below. We are unable to accept items that are not on the list.
- Beans and lentils, dry or canned
- Whole grain crackers
- Low-sugar cereal (low-sugar) & rolled oats
- Canned turkey, chicken & salmon
- Pasta sauce and tomato sauce
- Grains & quinoa (no rice)
- Coffee & tea
- Healthy snacks like dried fruit (without added sugar), applesauce, low-sugar oatmeal and breakfast bars
- Peanut butter
Donating clothing items? If so, clothes must be:
- Clean, free of stains/smells, and are in good condition.
- Neatly folded and placed in sturdy boxes or bags.
Please refrain from donating clothing with tears, stains, holes, broken zippers, or missing buttons; shoes with cracks, holes, or mold, and broken jewelry.