Temple Micah seeks to build a strong bond between the North American Diaspora and the modern State of Israel. We do this in a variety of ways including:
- Temple Micah congregational trips to Israel
- Inviting speakers on Israel and Zionism
- Encouraging membership in ARZA (Association of Reform Zionists of America)
- The Rabbi Daniel Goldman Zemel Fund for Israel which supports a variety of Israeli institutions, including:
- Givat Haviva: Building a Shared Society Community by Community
- Sikkuy: The Association for the Advancement of Civic Equality in Israel
- Shaharit: A “Think and Do” tank that challenges the hackneyed dichotomies between Left and Right
- Israel Movement of Progressive Judaism
- We are partnered with Kehillat “Birkat Shalom” in Kibbutz Gezer, Israel as part of the DOMIM-aLike project, the Israel-Diaspora relations project of the Israel Movement for Reform and Progressive Judaism. DOMIM-aLike was established together with the Israel Ministry of Diaspora Affairs. It fosters partnerships between Reform and Progressive congregations in Israel and around the world.
Temple Micah Family-Friendly Israel Pilgrimage
December 19 – 31, 2018
Initial meeting for those interested on Sunday, February 11 at 10:15 am.