Machon Micah is Temple Micah’s innovative model of experiential Jewish education. We do not have a “religious school” or a “Hebrew school” with desks and textbooks; Machon Micah is an institute of learning that encompasses the whole congregation, filling the building with song, play, and movement. An ongoing experiment in Jewish education, Machon Micah is an ever-changing means of building community and Jewish identity through many creative avenues of engaging with Jewish values, Torah, prayer, and ritual for students of all ages. Questions? Contact Lesley Levin, our Temple Micah Educator.
Explore below to learn more about our many great educational offerings.
- K-6th Grade – Machon Micah on Sundays
- 3rd-7th Grade – Skype Tutoring
- 5th-7th Grade – Midweek Machon Micah (Tuesday)
- Youth Choir for 2nd-4th Grades
- Jewish Summer Camp
- B’nai Mitzvah – 7th Grade Program and Information for Families
- “Reason to Believe” – 8th-11th Grade Program
- MiTY – Temple Micah’s Youth Group
- Madrichim – 8th-12th Grader Machon Micah Teaching Assistants
- Gate 1: Kehillah, Community. (September 10, 17)
- Gate 2: Torah, Torah. (October 8, 15, 22, 29)
- Gate 3: Tefillah, Prayer. (November 5, 12, December 3)
- Gate 4: Tzedek, Justice. (February 4, 11)
- Gate 5: Zikaron, Memory. (March 4, 11)
- Gate 6: Tzion, Zion. (April 15, 22, 29)
*Please note: The Gates Schedule does NOT include All-Community events. For a full calendar listing, please see the calendar section of the website.