Why the Statue of Liberty?
The Statue of Liberty is the perfect symbol for our time. She stands for:
- Freedom: Give me your tired, your poor / Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free. Freedom from oppression. Freedom from bigotry. Liberty to speak freely and safely. America must always be the land of liberty and justice for all.
- Welcoming & Diversity: From her beacon-hand glows world-wide welcome. The lamp beckons to immigrants from all corners of the earth. ALL are welcome here. She is the “Mother of Exiles,” explicitly embracing refugees.
- Opportunity for All: I lift my lamp beside the golden door. The door is open wide, signaling opportunity and prosperity ahead.
“To bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.”
— George Washington, 1790
How can I continue the movement?
Pick Up a Free Pin at Micah and Wear It
Encourage others to do the same. Do it as a matter of pride, and as a reminder of what we stand for, and what we urge America continue to be — a place for “We the People…” All of the People.
Order Up to 2 Buttons
If you would like one or two buttons, you can send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with a $1 donation to the P.O. box listed below. NOTE: We are not taking orders for more than 2 buttons.
Mail to this address:
P.O. Box 5462
Washington, DC 20016
Purchase Buttons in Bulk
1. You can order 1″ buttons directly from the manufacturer, PureButtons, by calling (rather than using the website) (800) 710-2030.
2. Refer to order number: 170110898 to use the graphic image we’ve provided and to avoid paying the $10 proof charge. The graphic is designed for a 1″ button.
3. Free shipping is available for orders over $30 (about 130 1″ buttons or more) with the discount code FREESHIP.
Make and Share Your Own Buttons
At Temple Micah, we use a Tecre Model 100 button machine which makes 1 inch buttons. Etsy and Amazon have similar machines along with 1.313 inch circle punches. You will also need supplies including shells, mylar, collet backs, and locking spring pins to make locking pinned back buttons.